Saturday, January 22, 2011

Review of the Week #11

We took Monday off for Martin Luther King day. I don't really like short weeks. They mess me up. We went to the aquarium which was really great, but we got home kind of late. That lateness carried over into Tues. morning, plus some of the kids were a little sick. How much of that was really being sick and how much was just not wanting to do school work-- we'll never know!!

Because we had such a hard time getting back into the swing of things, we had to do school on our normally free day. We also didn't start very early any of the days this week, so it drug out into he evening. that is such a bummer. I told the girls they have to be done with math and Greek by 3 p.m. daily. It is so frustrating to try to take of babies, make dinner and teach a math concept at the same time. I need those girls to help me either make dinner or play with the babies or at least let me do it while they do their own thing that they don't need my help with!!! We were pretty much back to normal on Thursday and Friday, so I feel better about he week. They really are trying. We just have to be organized or we miss out on the fun stuff. We didn't do any science experiments this week. Although we did get to play a fun geography game and the kids colored and drew some this week. We started Spanish again. We all love story time it is our favorite. We are enjoying Little Women and Pilgrim's Progress. We learned about Elias Howe and the sewing machine. We read some interesting stories about the American Revolution. We got some fun Magic Schoolbus books from the library.

The boys get all their stuff done quite easily. #3 is finally reading for enjoyment on his own. The girls will probably finish Math 6A this week and take the test next week. #1 is right on schedule for finishing the 3rd year Greek book this year and doing amazingly well with the translations. It was a good week overall. There just are not enough hours in the day or the week. I still have a mountain of laundry and I didn't get all my cleaning done today. But oh well. We've had some fun with the twins and each other. I got to go the temple this week. We had a good time at the park. We participated in a very fun new book club. We played with friends and played on the wii and watched Toy Story 3. Life is good!!

The new thing to focus on this week will be bathing and cleaning our zones before bed so that we can just get up, clean our rooms and eat breakfast and then get started on school right away so we can finish early. That is what we are working towards. I think that now that the babies are pretty much sleeping through the night, it will happen!! I'm also trying to get dinner on the table earlier so I can have more help cleaning the kitchen when it's over. Baby Steps!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! Thanks for coming to book club. I hope you and your girls liked it. I thought it was great! I'm excited to read The Secret Garden with the kids. See you Tues!

    ReplyDelete