Saturday, March 5, 2011

Review of the Week #16 -- Steady

Our schedule continues to work out well. No day is ever exactly the same, but we know what we need to do for the day and we do it. Now that that is figured out well enough-- of course it's no where near perfect, I will be focusing more energy on making our food prep easier, efficient and cost effective as well as on losing my last 15 lbs. of baby weight. Wish me luck.

The girls learned how to find the area and circumference of circles this week. #3 continues practicing big problems of addition, subtraction and multiplication. #4 finished his unit on fractions and will start measuring on Monday.

We memorized D&C 82:3:
For unto whom much is given much is required and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation.

We continue to read a section a day out of the Golden Book bible Stories for Children. We are reading about the last words of Moses. We are also reading the New Testament and are on chapter 16. We discussed how Jesus fed the 4000 and the 5000 and that if we keep his commandments and follow the prophet, we have no need to fear. He will care for us also. We started learning the song "Let Us Oft Speak Kind Words to Each Other". We only did yoga 2x this week, cause we were short on time and the kids get a little bored with singing time, but I make them do it anyway because it's for the 3 youngest kids and they like it.

I still can't find our music snippets CD which is very annoying-- #6 was constantly taking it out of the CD player, so I think we'll start with the Great composers CD and book which may be more interesting anyway. We did very little in the way of languages this week. The kids know the basics of beginning conversation for Spanish and I'm just not sure where to go next. I need to figure that out. I've had a heck of time getting the French audio for our program together-- so I may just do that one and then make my own Spanish program based on the French and Greek programs we have.

For history I started reading them the chapter on Ancient China. The girls have been reading about the New World and their reports are getting better. We will be getting ready for a geography/ history fair at the end of this month. I think the kids will learn a lot by doing that. The girls are completing their science workbooks which makes me happy. We are learning about light and heat and energy. I have got to remember to buy a mirror for one of the experiments. We didn't do much else for science this week.

We went on a field trip to the Air Force base museum. They had a fun education center with simulators for the kids to fly airplanes. They had a good time.

Overall it has a been another good week. I have a lot of workbook pages to correct. I didn't sit one on one with the girls this week making sure they were doing it right so hopefully we don't have a bunch of back pedaling to this week. We shall see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment