Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

We had 2 good full days of school.  #3 passed his 3B math test- Yay!!.  The girls are moving much too slow through pre-algebra so we're going to have to speed that up although, they seem to understand it fine, they have a hard time staying focused on it and finishing in a timely manner.  They had another Latin class since their dad was extremely busy at work they got a little break, but the NLE is in March, so they will have to hustle there also.  #1 needs to focus on reading the scriptures on her own.  She reads a lot and enjoys it, but it's about time to move on to harder stuff.  I think scripture reading will help her make that leap.  Once the Latin exam is over I will have her start reading some classical literature as well as the Gateway to the Great Books series which consists of several papers on all different topics.  One thing I need to make sure I do with her is either have her write a paper on what she read or talk to me about it.  Academics just don't come easy to her.  I have to follow through with her better than I have been.  I don't think she's getting much out of her American History book, because of my lack of follow through.  In character, art and music, I couldn't ask for more of her.  We all have our weaknesses I guess.  #2 is super easy to teach and moniter academically because she gets things so quickly, but character wise we really have to work on especially when she's tired.  She's grown up a lot though and has been very helpful.

We pretty much let the kids stay up late and watch movies and play the wii all weekend long.  We all needed the break.  The boys are moving along just fine in their workbooks, it's so much easier to teach them since I've been through it with the girls, I know what things will be helpful to add and which things are probably not as worthwhile.

We got our Christmas tree on Saturday and it's all decorated.  We've got most of our Christmas stuff out and we've been enjoying the music on the radio.  We also got our main Christmas gift-- a mother and baby goats.  They are really cute and the kids love playing with them.  I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I think it will be easier than driving to milk daily and it will be cheaper than buying the goats milk.  Is is worth it?  I don't know yet.  I was having some serious anxiety about it the other night, but if it doesn't work out, we can sell the baby and keep the mother at our friend's house and still milk her like we were before, so I think it will be O.K.  I've been doing a cleanse though, and I'm really tired of it and ready to be done, so I don't think my mind is quite as straight as it should be.  Good luck to me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment